Everyone has their list of favorite coffees, and Oslo Coffee has made our top five year after year. Oslo has been a part of Provisions since we opened our doors at 753 Fulton St in 2008, with good reason. They’ve been roasting even longer than that, ever since its founders moved to Williamsbu...
The official Oktoberfest in Munich might be canceled (with no word from its sister festival here in New York), but that doesn’t mean that the spirit and flavor of Oktoberfest is off the table! We asked our cheese and beer buyers for five of their favorite Oktoberfest pairings of beer and cheese, and they did not let us down. Check out their picks below! ...
Every season has its bounty, like spring fiddleheads and ramps, summer stone fruit, and winter citrus, but there’s a reason fall is most associated with an abundant harvest. This fall season, we’ve got all the usual suspects, ready to be drizzled and roasted, cut up into perfectly baked pies, or simply snacked on as they are. Because it’s fall, though,...
From the most perfectly artisanal pot of freshly ground coffee to a watery airport brew in a paper cup, there is nothing America likes more than coffee. We drink it hot or cold, infuse it into desserts, and even use for in savory dishes like chili and brisket. Moreover, New York is ranked as the number one best city for coffee lovers in the country, and that’s no ...
If you’re looking for a new twist on an old favorite, these sauces will perk up any chicken dish in a snap! Make complex flavors simple to serve, even on a weeknight. 1: ...
September might be National Chicken Month, but for us, it’s every day of every month! Chicken is the most consumed meat in the whole country, at nearly twice the rate of beef, and we all say everything tastes like chicken. It’s the alpha and omega protein, but some chicken is just better than others. That’s where we come in, with chicken sourced locall...
What’s become readily apparent these past few months is that New York adapts. We’ve always known, of course, but for every tradition or event that became impossible, we found a new way to get things done, from socially distanced rooftop visits to Zoom blowout bashes. This Labor Day, we’ll be saying so long to summer with the same grilling gusto as ever...
Back to school has a few different meanings this year. Whether cautiously returning to in-person education, picking up the reins on distance learning once more, or trying a blend of both, there’s no doubt days will be busier. A busier day means less time to wait for sourdough starters, or anything else requiring too much time in the kitchen. And while our local re...
Through these wild times in months past, Brooklyn has stuck by the Greene Grape for a whole host of reasons, whether for our deliveries during the peak of New York’s pandemic, our enduring high standards of ethics and high quality, or even just the rare and interesting treats that dot our shelves. (Thinking of you, ...
Brooklyn Queen has long been a mainstay of our shelves here at Provisions, and with good reason. There is no honey we carry that’s more local than this, coming from an apiary located in a Bed-Stuy community garden. Thanks to the careful tending of founder, owner, and head apiarist ...
- 2020 (66)
- September (7)
- August (13)
- 5 Sauces That Love Chicken
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
- Shake, Rattle & Rocktails: A Sippable Salute to the VMAs
- Learned Libations: A Back to School Special
- Fill That Grill!: Labor Day Grill Guide
- Beef To School: Easy School Night Meals
- Friendly Favorites: Team Picks from Provisions!
- "Grape" Staff Picks to Try this Month
- Let's Get Ready to 'Rum'-ble!
- Q&A With A Queen Bee: Margot Dorn of Brooklyn Queen
- Honey Bee, We Bee-lieve In You!
- Books Worth "Wine-ing" About
- Cheesy Reads Done Right
- July (11)
- 5 Wine & Netflix Pairings to Try This August
- Netflix And Chilled Beer
- Gift Guide for Parents Day
- Parental Discretion Advised
- Brunching at Home For Parents' Day
- A Sweet, Sour & Sublime Summer Classic
- The Great Greene Grape Ice Cream Guide 2020
- We Hold These Berries In High Beauregarde
- Berry Exciting Summer Sips
- Revolutionary Wine & Spirits Producers
- Immigration is American: Immigrant Made Foods For 4th Of July
- June (8)
- All The Small (Picnic) Things
- Queer Food is the Future: A Pride Month Q&A with Diaspora Co
- A Salute to Dads? Wine Not?
- Spice It Up, Daddy-O
- Cocktail Contest: Cheers to a Pride Legend
- Pride Without Prejudice
- Rad Gifts for Rad Dads: A Father's Day Gift Guide
- Out, Proud, And On The Shelves: A Pride Month Highlight with City Saucery
- May (14)
- Grads Get Glad: A Greene Grape Grad Gift Guide
- Pomp & Sip-umstance: Gifts for Grads
- All I Wanna Do Is Zoom Call
- Grape Wine Pairing Picks for Memorial Day
- What's Grilling On? A Guide to Memorial Day Grilling
- Going Whole Hog: Whole Animal Gift Cards
- One Community, Two Stories: Q&A with Jed Marcus
- Happy American Cheese Month from the Greene Grape!
- Tasting Notes: New Rosés
- Greene Grape Gift Guide: Mother's Day
- Farmers To The Rescue
- Send Groceries To A Senior In Need!
- Jeffrey Wright Launches Brooklyn For Life
- Help People In Need. Donate Today!
- April (13)
- Thanks for The Memories
- Cheesemonger's Choice
- A Fond Farewell To Annex
- A Helping Hand for First Responders
- Delivery & Pick-Up FAQ
- COVID Safety Policies
- Pasture-Raised Pork Chops with Bourbon-Sage Jus
- Spring Holiday Tasting Notes
- Holidays At Home
- Asparagus & Mushroom Risotto
- Bacon, Leek & Gruyere Quiche
- Delivery Expansion
- Women Who Make Us Grape: Kathy Urbina